In-School Music Classes
What is Music Together?
For over 30 years the Music Together® vision has been to help children complete the pathway of early childhood music development starting from birth, and now reaching through age eight. Each week we drum, sing, dance, introduce and play rhythm instruments, and begin to play music-based games. Play-based classes are carefully planned to revolve around developmentally appropriate activities drawn from ongoing research in to music education, and early childhood education. Combined with extensive training, apprenticeship, and ongoing teacher learning, the focus is on delivering the best quality education program to you and your Daycare, School, and Child.
What Makes Music Together Programs the Right Choice?
Unlike many music programs or independent music providers, Music Together provides:
- Curricular programming based in ongoing, evolving, and up-to-date research into early childhood and music education
- A consistent, trained specialist every week
- In-class support and materials for classroom teachers, including books, CDs, pre-literacy song cards, and personal classroom teacher coaching from your Music Together Specialist
- Book and CD sets for each family enrolled, so they can play, learn, and support your class environment
- A carefully curated musical ‘diet’ and experience designed to broaden their horizons culturally, historically, rhythmically, and tonally
- A play- and fun-based, yet structured environment in which to grow
ABC Academy chooses Music Together programs because they are the right choice educationally and developmentally. We take our partners’ time and money seriously, as well as our responsibilities as teachers, and making sure that they get the best experience and education are our top priorities.
What About Your Existing Music Program?
Music Together and ABC Academy do not intend to eliminate, or ask you to change any of your existing programming. Because Music Together is curricular in nature, it often complements and enhances your existing programs, which will benefit from the strategies that the classroom teachers will be able to take and use during the rest of the week when you are not running Music Together with your specialist. This is absolutely part of the intention, so that other areas of your school’s life can grow too.
What is Music Together Not?
We often hear from schools daycares that are looking for one-time, irregular, or short classes.
While we do offer a free demonstration class following our ‘How Music Together In-School Works’ presentation, the program focus is not suited to casual applications. We regret that we cannot offer these applications, but our focus is on delivering meaningful and ongoing value to our schools and care facilities.