I hope everyone is staying well and safe!
Jaron – congratulations on finishing your first lesson!
– Reminder: please purchase Suzuki Violin Book 1, and your lesson next week will be at 2:30
– Recommended practice time: 15 min/day, 5 days/week
– Practice: Mary Had a Little Lamb and other pieces you learned in school. Try it on different strings if you can. And, don’t be afraid to play and experiment! What combination of sounds and notes do you like and not like?
Hendry – I hope you have an amazing summer and I will see you in September!
– Reminder: Try to practice consistently even though you won’t have weekly lessons for a while!
– Recommended practice time: 15-20 min/day, 5 days/week
– Practice: C, G, and D scales, all Suzuki songs so far, Question, and Disillusion. Remember that even though we “finished” with a Suzuki song, that doesn’t mean we will never play it again! Try to practice some once in a while so you don’t forget them. For Question and Disillusion, since they are very challenging pieces, make sure to slowly go through them one note at a time. Don’t be afraid to take your time and listen to the music to learn the rhythms.
Olivia – I’m sorry about the broken string! I know it was frustrating but I appreciate you still playing and continuing the lesson and being a trooper.
– Reminder: follow the email plan we made to figure out a solution for the string. Don’t stress too much about it, we will figure it out! Email your music teacher first, and if your school and ABC do not have extra strings, look into Long and McQuade and other music shops near you to see if you can do delivery or curbside pick up for strings.
– Recommended practice time: 30 min/day, 5 days/week, or small, achievable goals
– Practice: 2 octave scales on the scale sheet, Judas Maccabeas (with a focus on slurs and bowing), and continue learning Mamma Mia. If you can’t find an E string soon, try to play the pieces even without the E string notes!
Thank you, everyone! Happy playing!