I hope everyone is enjoying this lovely fall weather and staying safe!
Jaron – your posture was looking fantastic today!
– Reminder: Check if your school library has Suzuki Violin Book 1; I have also included a link to the book on Amazon below
– Recommended practice time: 15 min/day, 5 days/week
– Practice: A, D, and G Major scales (continuing to do posture checks and making sure your third and fourth finger are sticking together), Twinkle (variations B and D – much improved today! Keep on practicing to play without stopping and making sure notes sound even), and Song of the Wind (first two lines, focus on 1-3-3-1-0 pattern with retake in between the repeat).
Hendry – We’re halfway through Disillusion! Great work today!
– Reminder: Make sure to have both your shoulder rest and music ready at the beginning of class.
– Recommended practice time: 20-30 min/day, 5 days/week
– Practice: C Major scale (2 octaves, remember 2-3 finger pattern on C and G string, and 1-2 finger pattern on D and A string), Perpetual Motion (playing through without stopping and checking posture), Allegretto (playing through and getting more comfortable with the notes, especially the third line), and Disillusion (first half, remember 2-3 and 1-2 finger patterns).
Thank you and happy playing!