I hope everyone is having a smooth start to the school year!
Jaron – congratulations on finishing learning Lightly Row today!
– Reminder: check tracking or have someone make a phone call about your Suzuki book – I just want to make sure you get what you paid for!
– Recommended practice time: 15-20 min/day, 5 days/week
– Practice: A, D, and G Major scales (one note at a time, checking posture while playing), Twinkle (theme, variations C, D, and E – make sure C and D groups of 3 are different: long-shortshort and 1-2-3), and Lightly Row (full run-through, focusing on half notes).
Hendry – it was so nice seeing you today after a few months!
– Reminders: see if you can bring your viola to school to get it tuned, bring your shoulder rest to class, and rosin your bow a bit more
– Recommended practice time: 20-30 min/day, 5 days/week
– Practice: D, G, and C Major scales (one note at a time, making sure you have a good posture with chin on the chin rest), Allegro (contrast between short and long smooth notes), and Perpetual Motion (practice 0-1-2-3-4 fingering pattern on D string).
Thank you and happy playing!