Hi, everyone! Reminder: Cicy Chen will be subbing for me next week as I will be having my doctoral defence exam. Do check out her teacher profile on the website. Therefore, LESSONS ARE ON AS USUAL!
- Keep doing the breath exercises, steady air flow
- breathe in on the same vowel shape that you are singing out on
- long notes: think pulling an exercise band
- breathe after a phrase: think spring!
- use the emotion of the lyrics to help you sing
see you in 2 weeks !
- Czerny 1: work on ironing out the fingering and missed notes. Keep practicing with metronome.
- Czerny 2: hands together. We need to do more progress on this, so start with this, then more to No. 1 after that.
- Clementi (Allegro): work on steadiness of tempo…with a metronome. Length of notes – careful about accidentally making short notes too short. Articulation needs work.
- Clementi (Andante): hands together, first page. Separate hands, second page.
- Theory: pages 50-54
- Alouette: count the long notes, and keep looking ahead in the music to avoid stopping or mistakes in playing
- bass clef and treble clef notes: starting from middle C, play each note upwards (Right hand) and downwards (left hand) while saying the letter names
Recommended practice: at least 3 times a week, 20mins each time
Please purchase the new theory book: RCM level 2. You can order it online on amazon and have it delivered to you: https://www.amazon.ca/Celebrate-Theory-Royal-Conservatory-Music/dp/1554408059
Recommended practice: at least 5 times a week, 30mins each time
Missed you these 2 weeks! Here’s a reminder of things to practice on at home.
- Pg. 38 & 39, music track 20 – revise! Remember: RH plays notes with stem up, LH plays notes with stem down.
- Pg. 40 & 41, music track 21 – new! Remember: RH plays notes with stem up, LH plays notes with stem down. Also, we repeat page 40 for 3 times before we go to page 41. (Repeat sign = :|| )
- Pg. 42 – new! We are now exploring white keys! Make sure they are the white keys just below the 2 black keys. Remember to say C – D – E when you play them!
- Gianna’s Rainbow Song – the first part of the song is on the first page of your piano book. Make sure to place your fingers on C-D-E before you start playing. Sing the letter names as you play!
Recommended practice: at least 3 times a week, 15mins each time
- Bach Minuet – practise the first half hands together, second half hands together if possible.
- Beethoven’s Moonlight Sonata – Work on the next section. Slow practice, especially when coordinating the melody and accompaniment in the RH.
- please bring in a notebook for next lesson onwards
- Handel – have a look at RH notes, please bring in the music
- Practice new song – try singing while accompanying yourself, new chords.
Keep a consistent practice schedule. Use the one we put together in our lesson. Consistent practice leads to consistent progress in piano skills.
Recommended practice: daily, at least 30mins each time
– Mozart’s Five Names: DONE!
– Paper Airplane: DONE!
– The Juggler: new! Practice hands together slowly, be careful of crossovers.
– alpine melody: DONE!
– Loch Ness Monster: DONE!
– March of the English Guard: new! Separate hands practice, then hands together