We are happy to report that we are ready to begin our re-start program to see you in-person, once again.
Please read the program specific summaries below:
- You (the student) must be vaccinated to participate, and please upload your proof of full vaccination before attending your lesson.
- You (the student) must always have a device that is running the Covid Alert App with you at each lesson.
- The adult dropping off or picking up a student must also upload their proof of vaccination if they wish to enter our waiting room during the colder months.
If you do not meet these requirements, we will need you to take your lessons digitally at this time. All teachers will be prepared to be digital for every lesson.
Note that lessons may be slightly shortened by 1-3 minutes to allow for enhanced cleaning protocols.
In-person music lessons will begin on or after Monday, October 4th, with the teachers listed on the schedule below.
OCT 4 – Zoe, Jonny
OCT 25 – Gordon, Matt M.
NOV 15 – Giulianna, Cicy
DEC 6 – Virginia
JAN 3 – Matt S (LP*), Matt M (LP), Zoe (LP)
*Lawrence Park, pending
Remember, Lawrence Park location music lessons remain digital through the end of December at a minimum.
If you are not feeling well or have a schedule conflict, please call us by 3pm on weekdays and as soon as possible on weekends to request your lesson be home-on-demand for that day/week. Your teacher will check to see if you are online if you do not show up for your in-person lesson, but we ask that you call as soon as possible so we can coordinate for you. Please remember, we are still constrained in the office due to Covid, and are closed Fridays and Mondays, so we appreciate as much notice as you are able to give us.
Music Together classes will begin on or after Tuesday, October 12th, on your regular day and time.
If classes are not full enough, we will cancel them and refund your first month.
- Only one parent/caregiver may attend classes, and it must be the same parent/caregiver each class as we are operating our classes in closed cohorts.
- The parent attending must be fully vaccinated and must upload proof of full vaccination before attending your class.
- The parent attending must always have a device that is running the Covid Alert App with you at each class.
- The parent attending must also do any additional declaration, notification tracking, or proof of vaccination required by the locations at which we host our classes.
- We do not require children to be vaccinated for these classes at this time, but refer you to our Public Health Safety Protocol in our Policies and Procedures so you may understand our position on risk. We will update our vaccination requirements in line with provincial guidance as vaccinations become available for young children.
If you do not meet these requirements we regret we will not be able to provide you with in-person classes at this time.
We are evolving with the situation around us, which has been frequently shifting, as you know! Because we have many moving parts, it is a challenge to find standards that can work for everyone. We want you to know that we appreciate your patience, as well as your feedback on how we can improve, so please be in touch.
Should you have any questions or feedback about the above, please call us at 416-651-7529 after referring to the complete restart plan and we will be happy to answer your questions. We are still quite busy with back-to school calls, but will get back to you as soon as possible.
–The ABC Team