Just a reminder for everyone that today was our second to last week of summer lessons! Next week will be our last week of summer lessons, and then I will see you for lessons in the fall, on the fall schedule.
Jaron – Thanks for taking the initiative to learn part of Lightly Row by yourself, I was impressed!
– Reminder: Have a parent or someone call or check the tracking of your Suzuki book.
– Recommended practice time: 15 min/day, 5 days/week
– Practice: A, D, and G Major scales (one note at a time with long bows, check posture and bow hand while playing), Twinkle (Theme and variations A and C – for variation C (long-shortshort) make sure you are playing two of each), and Lightly Row (first two lines, look ahead at the rest if you’d like but this is optional).
– Reminder: I know you’ve been busy, but when you get the time, try to make it to Long and McQuade to check out the buzzing in your violin.
– Recommended practice time: 30 min/day, 5 days/week
– Practice: Bb Major scale and review other scales on scale sheet, prepare for final run-through of Mamma Mia, Avatar State (get comfortable with notes and rhythms of first few lines, look ahead if you wish), and Mirror Duet (first half, with focus on slurs and bowings – break it down into tiny chunks and then put together).
Thank you, everyone! See you next week!