Just a reminder that this week was our last week of summer lessons. We will have break next week and then will continue with fall semester lessons, so make sure you check what your new lesson time is.
– Reminder: Have a parent or someone call or check the tracking of your Suzuki book
– Recommended practice time: 15 min/day, 5 days/week
– Practice: A, D, and G Major scales (long notes, one at a time, checking your posture and bow hand while playing), Twinkle (theme, variations A and C, say ‘pepperoni pizza’ and ‘green pepper’ out loud before playing variations to get used to the rhythms), and Lightly Row (first 2 lines, and look ahead if you wish).
– Reminder: take violin to Long and McQuade to get the buzzing checked out, and if you end up having school orchestra music you want to work on together, make sure to scan and have an online copy
– Recommended practice time: 30 min/day, 5 days/week, OR whenever you can, and remember that 5 minutes is better than none at all!
– Practice: Bb Major Scale and review other scales on scale sheet, Avatar State (first 2 sections, look ahead if you wish), and Mirror Duet (first half, focus on bowing and slurs).
Thank you and happy playing! I hope everyone has a smooth start to the school year!