Wednesday folks, next week will be your last lesson of 2020! Thursday folk, this week was your last lesson of 2020!
– Reminder: If you can, please purchase Suzuki Violin Book 1
– Recommended practice time: 15 min/day, 5 days/week
– Practice: G, D, and A Major scales (do posture and bow hold check before playing, and make sure to squeeze second and third fingers tightly together), Go Tell Aunt Rhody (play through without stopping and practice string crossing phrase in m. 3-4), and Oh Come Little Children (look out for short-long rhythms and just play through and get comfortable with the notes).
– Reminder: Email your school music teacher and see if you can drop off your violin for tuning
– Recommended practice time: 30 min/day, 5 days/week
– Practice: 2 octave Major and minor scales (especially those with shifting, if your A and E strings are still out of tune, just practice one octave scales), Avatar State (eighth note section and make sure to count and keep track), Mirror duet (we’re taking a short break from this one but please make sure to keep practicing this one, especially the second section!), and Christmas songs (watch out for accidentals and swing rhythm in Rockin’).
Amaia – I hope you feel better soon; see you next week!
Hendry – This is your last lesson of 2020 – have a great holiday and see you in January 2021!
– Reminder: Get your viola tuned, please put away your phone and other distractions before class, and make sure to have your shoulder rest ready!
– Recommended practice time: 20 min/day, 5 days/week
– Practice: C, G, and D Major scales (one octave), C Major scale (2 octaves, doing a posture and bow hold check before playing all scales), Etude (remember to stretch pinky, look out for when you use a 1-2 finger pattern, and practice the repeats with first and second ending), Minuet 1 (first two lines – play through slowly and get used to the notes, practice bowing down-up-up), Question (first page rhythms), and Starting the Case (look ahead if you’d like, we will start this in the new year).
Thank you and happy playing!