Great work today! Just a reminder that next week will be our last week of lessons for the spring semester, and that we’ll have a 2 week break before we start lessons for the summer semester.
Jaron – I’m so glad you got your violin tuned!
– Recommended practice time: 15 min/day, 5 days/week
– Practice: D Major scale with “pepperoni pizza” pattern, Mary Had a Little Lamb, and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. Try practicing in front of a mirror so that you can check your posture. Ask yourself: is my violin parallel to the floor? Is my bow between the bridge and fingerboard? Is my left hand straight? Is my bow hand curved?
– Reminder: try to have your music on your computer pulled up before class, so that it doesn’t take up class time.
– Recommended practice time: 30 min/day, 5 days/week, or small achievable goals
– Practice: All A scales (major, minor harmonic and melodic – feel free to take a few seconds before playing to think about what finger positions are needed), Judas Maccabeas (with focus on smooth run-through and bowings), and Mamma Mia (rhythms at m. 20 and familiarising yourself with the whole piece).
Summer is so close! Thank you and happy playing!