Great job this week, everyone! I hope everyone is enjoying the warm weather.
– Reminder: Set an alarm or reminder on your phone so you’re on time to your lesson. Our last lesson before your summer vacation is next week, so let’s have an awesome, full last lesson together!
– Recommended practice time: 15-20 min/day, 5 days/week
– Practice: D Major scale (1-2 and 2-3 finger positions), Long Long Ago (rhythms and even half notes, dynamics), Allegro (even notes with long bow in the third line), Question (it’s been a while since we looked at this but that doesn’t mean you should put it away forever, try to bring it out once in a while to play!), and Disillusion (last 2 lines and main theme, listen on YouTube or Spotify, especially to the rhythms).
Olivia – I can tell you’ve been practicing, awesome work!
– Reminder: Print your new scales sheet so you can write helpful fingerings if you need to. Use the sheet to help you but try not to get too dependent on it.
– Recommended practice time: 30 min/day, 5 days/week, or small achievable goals like we discussed
– Practice: All scales except Bb Major scale on your new scale sheet, musictheory.net notation and playing exercise, Judas Maccabeas (bowings and 4th finger stretch), and Mamma Mia (counting at the beginning, and keep slowly playing through the whole piece to familiarise yourself with it).
Thank you and happy playing! Stay safe!