Jaron – great work today finishing learning Song of the Wind!
– Reminder: see if your school library has a copy of Suzuki Violin Book 1, or if you can purchase it on Amazon. I’ve included the link below
– Recommended practice time: 15 min/day, 5 days/week
– Practice: G, D, and A Major scales (going up and going down one note at a time, keeping an eye on your posture, especially your left hand – straight, no pancakes!), Twinkle (theme and variations A-E, particularly variation B playing straight through without pausing), and Song of the Wind (beginning till end, with focus on the 1-3-3-1-0 pattern).
Olivia – welcome back!
– Reminder: scan your orchestra music and email it to me so we can take a look together next week
– Recommended practice time: 30 min/day, 5 days/week
– Practice: review all scales on scale sheet, first few lines of Mirror duet (with focus on bowings and c-naturals), Avatar State (first few lines of violin 1, but you can look ahead if you wish!).
Hendry – congratulations on learning all of Disillusion! Now on to mastering and polishing!
– Recommended practice time: 20 min/day, 5 days/week
– Practice: C Major scale (two octaves, focusing on 2-3 or 1-2 finger patterns for second finger, and also watching out for posture and curved fingers in bow hand), Perpetual Motion (play through without pausing, stretch 4th finger), Allegretto (with focus on the third line, make sure to do short-short-long rhythm patterns), and Disillusion (full piece, remember 1-2 finger patterns on D and A strings).
Thank you and happy playing!