I have decided to test working the basic desk support remotely. You may email, text, and Cotap me. I intend to get a local Mexican SIM card with data to be able to communicate. That being said, you should still be sure the reasons are good to get in touch.
- try to check messages daily for cancellations, and inform you if they come up
- send you the local number for emergencies only (although I believe you can now call using Cotap. Skype and FaceTime are also options. My Skype handle is barnabykerekes, and you should be able to reach me via FaceTime using [email protected])
- be on Pacific time, so please do not reach out to me before 1pm Toronto time for any reason other than emergency
I will not:
- be available to adjust your schedule if there are gaps caused by absences
- call your students if you are running late or delayed (don’t do that)
- get you any last-minute subs in the event of emergency or illness ( I will cancel these if you cannot find a sub from our team to keep things simple )
- call your students on day-of if they are late/no-show
- be able to help with small day-to-day items
I think these are mostly common sense, but worth mentioning.
- have your key
- arrive the standard 10-15 minutes before lessons, plan lots of extra time on days with inclement weather
- give me as much advance notice as possible if you feel like you are coming down with something
- not write any SoW cards, as I will not be here to post them
- make sure lights are turned off and doors locked if you are the last one out at the end of a teaching day (not sure? do it anyway.).
If you have any questions about this, I suggest you fire them off to me straight away. I’ll be able to deal with them on a layover during the day, and will watch for them tomorrow and Saturday.