Anna should practice 4-5 times per week for 15-20 mins per session.
- Warm up playing hands separately, and start putting hands together
- Warm up with D flat major triad chords and scale in your book
- Latin Serenade – work on the right hand part alone, play with liveliness and gentle lift at the end of short slurs
- D natural minor, D harmonic minor, and D melodic minor scales – know your flats and sharps for all (refer to your technique book)!
Sacha should practice 4-5 times per week for 15-20 mins per session.
Let it Snow
- Start by playing hands separately (especially the R.H.) to warm up, and try putting hands together for the first half of the song
- Work on the rhythm of bars with dotted quarter rhythm to 8th note rhythm (not rushed)
- Keep L.H. playing smoothly connected and softer than the R.H. at all time.
- Work on the R.H. part alone, but feel free to try the L.H. part!
Sabrina should practice 4-5 times per week for 10-15 mins per session.
- New position – Middle C position (both thumbs are on middle C)
- Learn the R.H. part alone with fluency
- Mexican Hat Dance – lift your finger off on the second slurred half note on beat 4