- remember breathing exercises
- check vowel space – Ee, eh, ah, oh, u
- speak words in rhythm before singing
- check breath spots in singing
Recommended practice: at least 3 times a week, 20mins each time
Recommended practice: at least 5 times a week, 30mins each time
Missed you these 2 weeks! Here’s a reminder of things to practice on at home.
- Pg. 38 & 39, music track 20 – revise! Remember: RH plays notes with stem up, LH plays notes with stem down.
- Pg. 40 & 41, music track 21 – new! Remember: RH plays notes with stem up, LH plays notes with stem down. Also, we repeat page 40 for 3 times before we go to page 41. (Repeat sign = :|| )
- Pg. 42 – new! We are now exploring white keys! Make sure they are the white keys just below the 2 black keys. Remember to say C – D – E when you play them!
- Gianna’s Rainbow Song – the first part of the song is on the first page of your piano book. Make sure to place your fingers on C-D-E before you start playing. Sing the letter names as you play!
Recommended practice: at least 3 times a week, 15mins each time
- Bach Minuet – practise the first half hands together, second half hands together if possible.
- Beethoven’s Moonlight Sonata – Work on the next section. Slow practice, especially when coordinating the melody and accompaniment in the RH.
- please bring in a notebook for next lesson onwards
- Handel – have a look at RH notes
- Practice new song – try singing while accompanying yourself, new chords.
Recommended practice: daily, at least 30mins each time
– half time show: DONE!
– the lonely pine: DONE!
– Li’l Liza Jane: DONE!
– C’s Rock: new!
– Mozart’s Five Names – keep counting, check note accuracy
– Paper Airplane: prepare RH
– boop sha-bop: DONE!
– alpine melody: practice slowly so that both hand can coordinate movements. Work on transition. with pedal
– Loch Ness Monster: with pedal, we have learned all sections put everything together