Hi, everyone! Happy first day of March. Hope you are enjoying the little burst of spring this week.
Recommended practice: at least 3 times a week, 20mins each time
Recommended practice: at least 5 times a week, 30mins each time
- Pg. 38 & 39, music track 20 – revise! Remember: RH plays notes with stem up, LH plays notes with stem down.
- Pg. 40 & 41, music track 21 – new! Remember: RH plays notes with stem up, LH plays notes with stem down. Also, we repeat page 40 for 3 times before we go to page 41. (Repeat sign = :|| )
- Pg. 42 – new! We are now exploring white keys! Make sure they are the white keys just below the 2 black keys. Remember to say C – D – E when you play them!
- Gianna’s a Rainbow Song – the first part of the song is on the first page of your piano book. Make sure to place your fingers on C-D-E before you start playing. Sing the letter names as you play!
Recommended practice: at least 3 times a week, 15mins each time
- Bach Minuet – learn the first half hands together, second half in separate hands. Make sure to keep your eyes on the score.
- Beethoven’s Moonlight Sonata – Work on the next section. Slow practice, especially when coordinating the melody and accompaniment in the RH.
- please bring in a notebook for next lesson onwards
- bring in a piece you’d like to learn for reharmonization.
Recommended practice: daily, at least 30mins each time
– half time show: check counting, make sure to clean up nots at the ending
– the lonely pine: new! Make sure you check the F-A-C notes in both hands before you start playing
– boop sha-bop: learn hands together. Make sure to count! Check transitions.
– alpine melody: practice slowly so that both hand can coordinate movements. Work on transition.