“Working up to jazz” sheet
- Count quarter notes out loud.
- Practice line #3 to Texas Flood.
- Practice lines #4-9 along to this backing track.
Same homework as last week.
- Play 8th-notes with your right hand on the hi-hat only. Play along to “Even Flow” by Pearl Jam.
- Play all the paradiddles with the accents and without them. Play along to “Do the Evolution” by Pearl Jam.
- Count quarter notes out loud (1, 2, 3, 4).
- Play along to a metronome where quarter notes = 100 bpm. Work your way up to 116 bpm (the song’s actual tempo).
“Hotel California – Filling” worksheet
- Lines #3-7
- Play along to a metronome where 8th notes = 110 bpm.
- Count quarter notes out loud for one bar before you come in and continue as you play.
Same homework as last week except get the Basic Beats patterns up to 155 bpm and the 6/8 patterns up to 90 bpm.