I hope everyone has a great long weekend ahead!
Hendry – the Disillusion theme is coming along nicely!
– Reminder: I know your space is a bit tricky, but try to set up your iPad so that I can see your head, shoulders, and viola.
– Recommended practice time: 15-20 min/day, 5 days/week
– Practice: D Major scale (2-3 and 1-2 finger patterns), Long Long Ago (with 4th finger exercises and focus on even short-short and long rhythms), Allegro (nicely played today, now try to have more contrast between short bouncy bows and long smooth bows), and Disillusion (listen on Spotify and try to follow along with music, with focus on the rhythms).
Olivia – playing Mamma Mia was super fun today, and nice job finishing the entirety of Judas Maccabeas!
– Reminder: if it helps to print out your music and write in fingerings/reminders, please do so.
– Recommended practice time: usually 30-45 min/day 5 days/week, but for now, try to set small achievable goals for yourself each day.
– Practice: All A scales (major, harmonic, melodic 2 octaves), musictheory.net notation exercises, Judas Maccabeas (with more focus on 4th finger, sharps, and slurs), and Mamma Mia (first 2 lines, slowly go through the notes and familiarise yourself with the piece and listen to the music).
Thank you and happy playing! I hope everyone is staying well and healthy!