I hope everyone is having a smooth start to the school year!
– Reminder: check the tracking or have someone call about your Suzuki book order
– Recommended practice time: 15-20 min/day, 5 days/week
– Practice: A, D, and G Major scales (one note at a time, always making sure posture is set before playing), Twinkle (theme and variations C, D, and E with focus on D – make sure the groups of 3 are sounding even and count the numbers 1-2-3 in your head), and Lightly Row (beginning until end, with focus on half notes and long notes at the beginning)
– Reminder: make sure to have your shoulder rest with you at the beginning of class
– Recommended practice time: 20-30 min/day, 5 days/week
– Practice: D, G, and C Major scales (2 octaves for C, keep in mind 2-3 and 1-2 finger patterns), Perpetual Motion (play through until comfortable, look out for 4th finger), and Disillusion (first 2 lines familiarise yourself with rhythms, last 2 lines look out for up bows)
Thank you and happy playing!