Jaron – Great work on Lightly Row and Twinkle Little Star Variation B today!
– Reminder: see if your school library has Suzuki Violin Book 1
– Recommended practice time: 15-20 min/day, 5 days/week
– Practice: A, D, and G Major scales (with posture check before each scale), Twinkle Little Star (Theme and variations B, C, and D, making sure the groupings of 3 are sounding equal for D), Lightly Row (final run-through without stopping), and Song of the Wind (beginning look)
– Reminder: set an alarm or reminder on your phone to be on time for lessons, and make sure to have your shoulder rest ready at the beginning of the lesson
– Recommended practice time: 20 min/day, 5 days/week
– Practice: C Major scale (2 octaves, with 2-3 and 1-2 finger patterns), Perpetual Motion (keep notes equal length and playing through without stopping), and Allegretto (first 2 lines, extending 4th finger). Also keep an eye out for posture while practicing, see if you can practice in front of a mirror. Chin needs to be on the chin rest, viola parallel to the floor, straight left wrist, and curved fingers in bow hand.
Thank you and happy playing!