- Make a habit of practicing in the morning. Remember, even just 5 minutes a day is better than 30 minutes once a week.
- Purchase the Arban’s Complete Conservatory Method for Trumpet/Cornet (or Flugelhorn…)
- Try to get comfortable with the notes of the C major scale. Remember: valves are either up or down, not in between. Move them QUICKLY.
- Work on Mary Had a Little Lamb
- Practice the “Hawaii” breath (the right way, not the creepy way…)
- Keep practicing Lesson 2, especially the exercises with no rests. Remember, insert your own spots to breathe (I showed you where).
- Work with the metronome, go slowly and be picky.
- Take some time to just clap quarters with it, then tongue without the trumpet, then play a single pitch in quarters on the trumpet.
- Be patient, but be your own task master. Get the hard work done now so you don’t have to worry about it later.