Eliana should practice 4-5 times per week for 30-45 mins per session.
- Focus on B and C section
- Start practicing with musical phrasing with a little bit of ‘rubato’
Song of the Cavalry
- Articulation and voicing in middle section
Anastasiya should practice 4-5 times per week for 15-20 mins per session.
Song of the Scarecrow
- Work on this piece hands together with fluency – play the melody line smoothly, and play the chords softer
- Make sure we bring this book to every lesson!
Vivienne should practice 4-5 times per week for 15-20 mins per session.
Maple Leaf Rag
- Fluency on the 2nd page!
- Work on the R.H. part alone up to the repeat sign.
- Try to play the first 4 bars hands together!
Chantal should practice 4-5 times per week at 15 – 20 mins per session
A Dozen A day
- New exercises, with steadiness and repeat.
- Start learning this piece 1 small section at a time! – up to the first marked spot, hands together
- Review the R.H. melody, and start putting hands together for the first 2 lines.
Alyssa should practice 4-5 times per week at 30 mins – 1 hr per session.
- Use the correct fingering, play with accuracy, and clarity on everything with the metronome
You and I
- Accuracy and fluency of notes, and try to voice the top note of all chords
- Focus on the 2nd half of the piece, with the suggested and written fingerings on all chords, played legato – work on few bars at a time
Stand by Me
- Keep practicing hands together, and be mindful of the L.H. rhythm (1)+ 2(+) 3+ (4)(+) – play on the bracketed beat
Claire should practice 4-5 times per week at 15 – 30 mins per session.
- Keep working on the last page hands together
- Start voicing the notes with ‘tenuto’ markings
- Pedal – try to be more accurate with all the pedal markings
Falling in Love
- Try to analyze piece in terms of musical phrasing – mark with phrasing slurs
Serenade / Turkish March
- Work on fluency at a steady tempo with rhythm evenness
- When playing, always think about the characteristics the piece brings, and all the articulation and phrasing works!