Ellis should practice 4-5 times per week at 10 – 15 mins per session
- Review The Haunted Mouse and Classic Dance
- The Young Hunter
A Dozen a Day
- New weekly assigned exercises
Chantal should practice 4-5 times per week at 20 – 30 mins per session
- Practice and Review C+ and G+ scales and triads
- Review – with dynamic
- Swirling Leaves – fluency & dynamic
- Etude in C – learn and practice each hand separately with suggested fingering
Alyssa should practice 4-5 times per week at 45 mins – 1 hr per session.
- Practice and review everything with the metronome at required tempo
Sunset in Rio
- Memory – review
Sonatina in C
- Stay at tempo 120, and start practicing with dynamic changes
- Start memorizing this piece, not only with accuracy of notes, but also phrasing and dynamic changes
Scherzo in C
- Work up to tempo in the 150’s to the eighth note
Allegro in D
- Section B – Practice with the metronome, get used to staying in tempo
- Think about the tempo before you start – it should be no faster than the ‘seconds’ on a clock
Maria should practice 4-5 times per week for 20-30 mins per session.
- La Raspa – Rhythm Section A – (3 | 1 (rest) 3 | 1 (rest) 3 | 1 (rest rest | rest rest) 3 | 1 2 3 | 1 (rest) 3 | 1…). Section B – (1 (2) 3 | 1 2 3 | 1 2 3 | 1 (rest rest) | 1 (2) 3 | 1 2 3 | 1 2 3 | 1…)
- Raisins and Almonds – review each hand separately with the correct rhythm, like how we worked on in class. Keep B flat key signature in mind before you start playing.
Simone should practice 4-5 times per week for 15-20 mins per session.
- Review Dinosaur Stomp – a steady, not too fast tempo for the intro (1 rest 3 rest 1 rest 3 4…)
- The Dradle Song – practice this piece hands together!
- Try and go on with theory questions on your own before we go back to in-person lessons!