Ellis should practice 4-5 times per week at 10 – 15 mins per session
- The Haunted Mouse/Classic Dance – practice between legato (smoothly) and staccato (short and detached) playing, with written dynamic (softness/loudness)
- First line of piece using Treble ‘A’ – hold the tied ‘E’ note when left hand comes in
A Dozen a Day
- New weekly assigned exercises
Chantal should practice 4-5 times per week at 20 – 30 mins per session
- Practice and Review C+ and G+ scales and triads
- Climbing on the elephant – mind the quarter note to eighth note rhythm, counting (1,2 on quarter note before eighth note comes on 3)
- Swirling Leaves – Keep working on this hands together with more fluency!
Alyssa should practice 4-5 times per week at 45 mins – 1 hr per session.
- Practice and review everything with the metronome at required tempo
Sunset in Rio
- Memory – review
Sonatina in C
- Stay at tempo 120, and start practicing with dynamic changes
Scherzo in C
- Work up to the required tempo starting around 130 to the eighth note
Allegro in D
- Section B – Practice with the metronome, get used to staying in tempo
- First half – mind the tempo when you begin, it should be no faster than the seconds on the clock. Like how we played during our class, keep on working to improve phrasing and dynamic changes
- Second half – use una corda pedal from bar 29 to the end
Maria should practice 4-5 times per week for 20-30 mins per session.
- La Raspa – Keep working on this with more fluency, and keep the 6/8 (1 2 3 1 2 3) rhythm in mind – make sure to play the pick up note ‘G’ on second (3)
- Raisins and Almonds – learn each hand separately, and review d harmonic minor scale we learned in class!
Simone should practice 4-5 times per week for 15-20 mins per session.
- Dinosaur Stomps – double check which G you place your fingers on before you start! Both hands should be in the same position, but different octaves
- Weekly assigned pages