Vivienne should practice 4-5 times per week for 15-20 mins per session.
- Practice and review hands together up to the repeat sign, with repeat – focus on middle section
- C, G, and D major scale in contrary motion
- Play and say each note on the piano starting from middle C, going up and down
- Play and review the 3 pieces we played in class
A Dozen a Day
- First exercise
Chantal should practice 4-5 times per week at 15 – 20 mins per session
A Dozen A day
- Weekly assigned exercises
Skip My Lou
- Keep practicing for perfection!
- Learn the notes for this piece, with new triplet rhythm
Alyssa should practice 4-5 times per week at 30 mins – 1 hr per session.
- Use the correct fingering, play with accuracy, and clarity on everything with the metronome
- Keep your knuckles and fingers up
You and I/In Church
- Keep practicing with more breaths taken between phrases, and dynamic changes
- Use some ‘rubato’ in You and I
Sunset in Rio
- Practice the whole piece hands separately, with the correct rhythm and articulation
- Choose a new piece from the pieces we looked at in class to start
Maria should practice 4-5 times per week for 15-20 mins per session.
- Practice and review the whole piece – focus on perfecting S3 and S4
- Practice with dynamic changes
Simone should practice 4-5 times per week for 15-20 mins per session.
- Practice and review Haunted Mouse, Classic Dance, and Young Hunter
- Complete page 9-10
David should practice 4-5 times per week for 30 mins – 1hour per session.
Pathetique 2nd movement
- Voicing – soften the inner voices even more
- Articulation – avoid pedaling too much, especially on staccato notes. Pay attention to all the rests, not everything is held
- Keep a steady tempo – don’t drag in the octave section
- Last page – play the grace notes lightly into the top voice of the notes
- L.H. – play the octaves with a little bit of emphasis going into the chords
- Mind the rests – don’t play everything too legato
Look up theory books by Mark Sarnecki and photocopies of music for music analysis
Eliana should practice 4-5 times per week for 30 mins – 1hour per session.
Sonatina in F
- Learn and practice both hands separately – articulation (slurs, staccatisimos, accents)
Happy Time Jazz
- Work on the swinged 8th note rhythm – think in triplet 8ths for each quarter note, and play on 1 and 3