Vivienne should practice 4-5 times per week for 20-30 mins per session.
- Practice B section with you RH alone until your finger heals
- Practice the RH to the marked spot on page 2. Once your finger heals, practice your LH part separately to the same spot
Ellis should practice 4-5 times per week at 10 – 15 mins per session
- Sailing in the Sun – play with soft going loud on the 3rd line!
- Ferris Wheel – play smoothly, with pedal at the end
A Dozen a Day
- New weekly assigned exercises
Chantal should practice 4-5 times per week at 20 – 30 mins per session
- Learn and practice the 2 pieces we chose in class, either hands separately or together to where you can!
- Remember that we are playing more advanced pieces, and will be moving around a lot with many position and finger changes!
Alyssa should practice 4-5 times per week at 45 mins – 1 hr per session.
- Practice and review everything with the metronome at required tempo
Sunset in Rio
- Memory – LH alone, and hands together
Sonatina in C
- Aim to get up to quarter note = 110 / eighth note = 220 in tempo this week!
Scherzo in C
- Fingering and notes corrections
- Work on phrase “2, 4, 7, and 8”
Allegro in D
- Section B – when playing soft, be mindful to keep up the tempo, don’t slow down
- Second half – Keep a clean sound on the RH chords
Maria should practice 4-5 times per week for 20-30 mins per session.
- Practice hands separately first until you can play each hand flawlessly without mistakes, and then practice hands together to at least the marked spot!
Simone should practice 4-5 times per week for 15-20 mins per session.
- Jazzy Joe – fun and lively
- Shepherd’s Song – play smoothly and softly
- Weekly assigned pages
David should practice 4-5 times per week for 30 mins – 1 hour per session.
- Like how we worked on in class, phrase with some “rubato”
- Voicing – imagine a singer singing the top voice while you are accompanying them on the piano
- Listen to some recordings, and get used to feeling the rhythm first