- Keep working on your grip! Fingers glued to the valves, left hand wrapped around with thumb in saddle.
- Try to get comfortable with the third valve slide for “D”
- Take deep breaths
- While your wrist is healing, try some mouthpiece buzzing to stay in shape!
- Hold the mouthpiece at the far end (shank) not close to you (cup)
- Buzz some siren sounds, bending pitch up and down. Try to avoid breaks in the sound.
- DO NOT BUZZ LOUDLY. The mouthpiece is smaller than the trumpet, it should be quieter.
- Buzz some simple songs, like O Canada or Happy Birthday (or any other song you like). You can use an online keyboard to check your pitch.
- Feel better!