Eliana should practice 4-5 times per week for 30-45 mins per session.
- For Sonatina & Tchaikovsky – work on articulation and phrasing with much details (staccatos, short slurs, detached playing, legato…etc)
- Since we just began learning The Entertainer, learn up to the repeat sign hands separately, especially where the right hand has moving octaves.
Vivienne should practice 4-5 times per week for 15-20 mins per session.
- Let’s get back on track! Review what we have learned before summer, and continue working on the notes and fluency on the songs we left on before summer.
Chantal should practice 4-5 times per week at 15 – 20 mins per session
- Review and perfect our last few exercises from A Dozen A Day.
- Overall: play with more energy and strong fingers – play on your finger tips, keep your fingers curved (joints bent outward) – especially on the staccatos
Alyssa should practice 4-5 times per week at 30 mins – 1 hr per session.
- Technique – work on the scales and dominant 7th chords with correct fingering and accuracy, and also practice with metronome at the required tempo
- Repertoire & Etude – for all your pieces, keep practising for fluency, and also do pay attention to articulation details with phrasing.
- Review When Rivers Flowed on Mars
Claire should practice 4-5 times per week at 15 – 30 mins per session.
- Current song – you know your notes and play well, work on playing with staccatos and short slurred phrases on the indicated notes, as well as dynamic changes (don’t be afraid to show big contrast between soft and loud)
- New song – learn the notes hands separately up to wherever you can. When you are comfortable playing hands separately, try playing hands together!