Eliana should practice 4-5 times per week for 30-45 mins per session.
- Practice with the metronome
- First movement – try not to have any delay in tempo on the mid-section chords and end of Exposition and Recapitulation (except the final 3 chords) like how we worked on in class.
- Second movement – keep doing the great phrasing work, and reach for the “climatic note” with a tiny bit of delay!
Marches Militaires & Hungarian Dance
- Don’t forget to bring the music sheets to class!
Anastasia should practice 4-5 times per week for 15-20 mins per session.
Russian Sailor Dance
- Review, and play with lots of energy
Introduction of the flat sign
- Short exercise with E flat and B flat on the next page of your lesson book
- Make sure we bring this book to every lesson!
Vivienne should practice 4-5 times per week for 15-20 mins per session.
Maple Leaf Rag
- We have learned all the notes of this piece, now set your goals to increase your weekly practice time and quality! Focus on the second page more, but also do review the first page in every practice!
Chantal should practice 4-5 times per week at 15 – 20 mins per session
A Dozen A day
- Review and perfect our old and new exercises from A Dozen A Day.
- Count the rhythm in 3’s and feel the pulsation (use the metronome) – make sure we play every first beat of each bar on time!
- Play with repeat and dynamic changes!
Alyssa should practice 4-5 times per week at 30 mins – 1 hr per session.
- Work on the keys we struggle with (often with most sharps/flats), with correct fingering, and use the metronome
Sonatina in F
- Emphasis on the first note of the slurred phrases, but not too loud nor accented
- Keep L.H. running accompaniment SMOOTHLY connected!
Minuet in E
- Play all quarter notes detached, and make sure to lift both hands off at the same time when both hands are playing in quarter notes, especially at the end of a phrase
When Rivers Flowed on Mars
- Voicing and phrasing – Always “sing” your R.H. top note melody!
- Polish up on the dynamic changes and arpeggio phrases
Maria should practice 4-5 times per week at 15-20 mins per session.
- Go back and review this piece this week, we will continue working on this piece next class!
Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer
- Perfect your R.H., and make sure you are reading, not guessing the notes like how we worked on in class!
Claire should practice 4-5 times per week at 15 – 30 mins per session.
- Review with clear dynamic changes and phrasing
- Always bring out the high E note (played by your pinky) in the melody
- Rhythm near the end of the piece
- Keep practicing hands separately with the correct rhythm, especially the R.H. (don’t forget to wait on the rests, and use the metronome)!
Anna should practice 4-5 times per week at 20 – 40 mins per session.
Rivers Flow in You
- Be as expressive as you can in the introduction marked “Freely”
- Continue playing further hands separately, and try hands together when you’re ready!
- Make sure we’re playing A# not A flat!
- Work on and listen to the L.H. glissando chords – a quick and gentle slide, like how we worked on in class
Over the Rainbow
- Learn the notes hands separately up to the marked spot!