Eliana should practice 4-5 times per week for 30-45 mins per session.
- Practice with the metronome
- First movement – smooth out the bars with trills within 2 beats
- Second movement – review
- Third movement – focus on articulation in both hands
- Keep practicing up to the marked spot hands separately, and start putting hands together
Anastasia should practice 4-5 times per week for 15-20 mins per session.
- Practice and review the song like how we played in class!
- Start looking at the next song
- Make sure we bring this book to every lesson!
Vivienne should practice 4-5 times per week for 15-20 mins per session.
Maple Leaf Rag
- Keep a steady tempo, remember not to play too fast in the last 2 lines of the first page.
- Focus and work on fluency on the second page!
Chantal should practice 4-5 times per week at 15 – 20 mins per session
A Dozen A day
- Review and perfect our old and new exercises from A Dozen A Day.
- Practice the 2 pieces with a steady tempo while counting the rhythm; try not to rush through the parts!
Way in a Manger
- Keep practicing the R.H. part, and start trying out the L.H. part!
Alyssa should practice 4-5 times per week at 30 mins – 1 hr per session.
- Work on the keys we struggle with (often with most sharps/flats), with correct fingering, accuracy, clarity, and use the metronome.
Sonatina in F
- Try not to play too harsh on notes marked “f”, but to play “into the keys”.
- Play the detached notes and end-of-slur notes less staccato-like.
Minuet in E
- At the end of each phrase, make sure both of our L.H. and R.H. are getting off the quarter notes together
- Check your tempo with the metronome, don’t go over speed.
When Rivers Flowed on Mars
- Phrasing – try not to accent the last note of each phrase (it should be the softest out of all).
- Practice with metronome at our written tempo until you can play the whole piece fluently, and then move up the tempo 1-2 at a time.
Maria should practice 4-5 times per week at 15-20 mins per session.
- Warm up playing hands separately, and start practicing hands together this week!
Claire should practice 4-5 times per week at 15 – 30 mins per session.
The Piano Playin’ Chocolate Eater Blues
- Start swinging the 8th notes this week, and slowly increase tempo.
- Learn and practice each hand separately!
Anna should practice 4-5 times per week at 20 – 40 mins per session.
Rivers Flow in You
- Finish learning the whole piece hands together!
- Work on your L.H. glissando chords separately (light taps with the first 2 fingers reaching toward thumb)
- Memorize the 3rd page!
Over the Rainbow
- Practice with lots of musicality (dynamic growth, phrasing…etc.) like how we played in class!