Eliana should practice 4-5 times per week for 30-45 mins per session.
- Keep a consistent tempo throughout the piece, count 1, 2, 3 to the 8th note
Song of the Cavalry
- Focus on the 2nd line of 2nd page – familiarity with notes, and keep the staccato playing in the L.H.
- Learn the first page, hands together
Anastasiya should practice 4-5 times per week for 15-20 mins per session.
Song of the Scarecrow
- Practice and review the first 2 lines of music we learned in class, feel free to try the next line
- Make sure we bring this book to every lesson!
Vivienne should practice 4-5 times per week for 15-20 mins per session.
Maple Leaf Rag
- Fluency on the 2nd page!
- Work on the R.H. part alone up to the repeat sign.
- work on L.H. part up to marked spot
Chantal should practice 4-5 times per week at 15 – 20 mins per session
A Dozen A day
- Weekly assigned exercises
- Review, and practice with dynamic changes
- Review the R.H. melody, and start putting hands together for the first 2 lines, and try playing hands together further
Alyssa should practice 4-5 times per week at 30 mins – 1 hr per session.
- Use the correct fingering, play with accuracy, and clarity on everything with the metronome
- Keep your knuckles and fingers up
You and I
- Accuracy and fluency of notes, and try to voice the top note of all chords
- Focus on the 2nd half of the piece, with the suggested and written fingerings on all chords, played legato – work on few bars at a time
Stand by Me
- Keep practicing hands together – try to focus on the spots where we often stop/make a mistake
- Review the R.H. notes, and start learning the L.H. notes
Claire should practice 4-5 times per week at 15 – 30 mins per session.
- ‘Breathe’ between phrases (long slurs), practicing playing singing-like, with dynamic changes
- A major octave exercise
- Add 2 more lines
Pathetique 2nd movement
- Voicing – bring out the outer voices (soprano & bass) while keep the inner voices (alto & tenor) quiet
- Keep the soprano voice legato, but don’t connect the filler notes to the melody notes