Anastasiya should practice 4-5 times per week for 15-20 mins per session.
- Practice and review the whole piece
- Make sure we bring this book to every lesson!
Vivienne should practice 4-5 times per week for 15-20 mins per session.
Maple Leaf Rag
- Practice and Review both pages at a steady tempo, not too fast, and be mindful of left hand pattern on the 2nd page
- Warm up playing hands separately, and practice hands together up to the repeat sign
Chantal should practice 4-5 times per week at 15 – 20 mins per session
A Dozen A day
- Weekly assigned exercises
- Practice playing with the left hand
When the Saints go Marching In
- Work on the accuracy of notes in the R.H., and play all notes on time (2nd page) without stops
Alyssa should practice 4-5 times per week at 30 mins – 1 hr per session.
- Use the correct fingering, play with accuracy, and clarity on everything with the metronome
- Keep your knuckles and fingers up
You and I
- Accuracy and fluency of notes, and try to voice the top note of all chords
- Pedal – clear pedal on pick up notes, and make sure harmonies do not overlap
- Fingering – follow the written fingering for both hands, especially the second half of the piece
- Start putting hands together for the first half
- Practice and review both hands separately
- Musicality – phrase the musical lines in each section, and bring out the different characteristics in each major/minor section
Pathetique 2nd movement
- Voicing – soften the inner voices even more
- Phrasing – look at where the line of music is going
- Continue to learn half of 3rd page