Vivienne should practice 4-5 times per week for 15-20 mins per session.
- Practice and review hands together up to the repeat sign, with repeat
Bring your Alfred’s piano lesson book!
- Play and say each note on the piano starting from middle C, going up and down
- Play and review playing middle C in quarter note, half note, and whole note rhythm
Chantal should practice 4-5 times per week at 15 – 20 mins per session
A Dozen A day
- Weekly assigned exercises
Skip My Lou/Popcorn
- Practice both pieces hands together, aim for perfection without stops
Puff the Dragon
- Practice and review, with the correct repetition
Alyssa should practice 4-5 times per week at 30 mins – 1 hr per session.
- Use the correct fingering, play with accuracy, and clarity on everything with the metronome
- Keep your knuckles and fingers up
You and I
- Phrasing – show a bigger difference between in your dynamic range, take more time on “rit”, and “breathe” quickly with your fingers and pedal for each phrase
- 2nd half of the piece – make sure the L.H. is playing all the “E”s, and play the top slurred voice legato
- Phrasing – “breathe” between phrases, and do a gentle lift at the end of short slurs
Sunset in Rio
- Practice the whole piece hands separately, with the correct rhythm and articultion
Maria should practice 4-5 times per week for 15-20 mins per session.
- Practice and review the whole piece – focus on perfecting the end of “S4”
Simone should practice 4-5 times per week for 15-20 mins per session.
- Practice and review Ferris Wheel, Mexican Jumping Beans, and Haunted Mouse
- Staccato – “bounce” your finger on the keys, play them short and light
- Complete page 5-6
David should practice 4-5 times per week for 30 mins – 1hour per session.
Pathetique 2nd movement
- Voicing – soften the inner voices even more
- Articulation – avoid pedaling too much, especially on staccato notes. Pay attention to all the rests, not everything is held
- Keep a steady tempo – don’t drag in the octave section
- Last page – play the grace notes lightly into the top voice of the notes
- L.H. – play the octaves with a little bit of emphasis going into the chords
- Mind the rests – don’t play everything too legato
Eliana should practice 4-5 times per week for 30 mins – 1hour per session.
Sonatina in F
- Learn and practice both hands separately
- Learn and practice the first 2 pages hands separately – mind the fingering for the arpeggios
Mignon/Happy Time Jazz
- Choose one of the 2 and start learning it hands separately