Vivienne should practice 4-5 times per week for 15-20 mins per session.
- Great job on the memory work of first page! Keep practicing and review
- Next 4 bars, hands separately, and try hands together
- C, G, and D major scale in contrary motion – play each scale smoothly connected on your finger tips, not “punching” the keys on flat fingers
- Play and say each note on the piano starting from middle C, going up and down
- Play and review the pieces we played in class
- Practicing drawing note C, G, D, and F
A Dozen a Day
- Review the first 2 exercises
Chantal should practice 4-5 times per week at 15 – 20 mins per session
A Dozen A day
- Weekly assigned exercises
- Practice and review this piece with a steady rhythm of ta’s and titi’s
- Play this piece in the written C and G position, and challenge yourself to try it in the B position
Alyssa should practice 4-5 times per week at 30 mins – 1 hr per session.
- Use the correct fingering, play with accuracy, and clarity on everything with the metronome
- Keep your knuckles and fingers up
Sunset in Rio
- Practice the whole piece hands together, in 2-line phrase at a time
- Play with lots of energy, notice the accented notes, slurs and staccato ending of some phrases
Sonatina in C
- Practice the whole piece hands together
Maria should practice 4-5 times per week for 15-20 mins per session.
Red River Valley
- Practice and review the R.H. part (count 2 beats on the half notes), and start learning the L.H. part
Simone should practice 4-5 times per week for 15-20 mins per session.
- Practice and review Li’l Liza Jane, and Mozart’s Five Names
- Complete page 14-15
David should practice 4-5 times per week for 30 mins – 1hour per session.
Pathetique 2nd movement
- Look and think about the piece in a horizontal singing line (look at the direction of the melody), and phrase the piece with written dynamic changes
- Change the pedal more often, for each harmony change
- Keep working on learning the notes
- Detach the quarter notes (except the slurred ones), play the accented notes (syncopation), march-like, playful character, the opposite of Pathetique
- Assigned exercises
- Analyze the Sonatina in harmony changes/chords
Eliana should practice 4-5 times per week for 30 mins – 1hour per session.
Sonatina in F
- Practice with articulation details (staccatissimos, accents, slurs)
Happy Time Jazz
- Start practicing this piece hands together