Vivienne should practice 4-5 times per week for 20-30 mins per session.
- Do not start your practice with section A nor play through the whole piece repeatedly. Practice section B, 2 bars at a time, with correct notes, rhythm, and fluency like how we worked on in class
- C, G, D and F major scale in contrary motion, chromatic scale starting on any key (1 octave)
- A, and D natural/harmonic/melodic minor scales
- A harmonic minor in contrary motion
Ellis should practice 4-5 times per week at 10 – 15 mins per session
- Review and practice the pieces we have learned in class
A Dozen a Day
- New weekly assigned exercises
Chantal should practice 4-5 times per week at 20 – 30 mins per session
A Dozen A day
- Weekly assigned exercises
- Peter Pan’s Flight & Whirling Leaves – using A 5-finger scale and A major chords
Popular Selection Book
- Practice and review the pieces
Alyssa should practice 4-5 times per week at 45 mins – 1 hr per session.
- Practice and review everything with the metronome at required tempo
Sunset in Rio
- Practice with the metronome around 152 – 160
- Start memorizing this piece
Sonatina in C
- Review and polish up the piece at quarter note = 90 in tempo, and slowly aim to get up to 100 this week
- Be mindful of not to hold any end-of-the-phrase eighth note, keep them short
Scherzo in C
- Fingering corrections
- 2nd page – accuracy of notes
Allegro in D
- Practice and review – clean up the trills, and use the metronome to work up to quarter note = 68
- Clear and change the pedal when harmony changes in the RH chords
Maria should practice 4-5 times per week for 20-30 mins per session.
- Waltz – practice playing the whole piece hands together
- Go Down Moses – learn and practice this piece hands separately, and mind the position changes
Simone should practice 4-5 times per week for 15-20 mins per session.
- Scarf Dance – keep a steady 1, 2, 3 counting and rhythm
- Song for a Scarecrow – use of C major chords
- Weekly assigned pages
David should practice 4-5 times per week for 30 mins – 1 hour per session.
Clair de Lune
- Practice the duplets/triplets passages with the metronome on 60 – 70 to the 8th note duplets
- Be mindful of tied notes/held notes
- Detach play all eighth notes while keeping sixteenth notes connected
- Analyze the piece, find the subjects, counter-subjects, sequences…etc.