Eliana should practice 4-5 times per week for 30-45 mins per session.
- Tempo – make sure we don’t slow down “S2”, keep your tempo consistent throughout the whole piece
- Make sure we’re playing staccato on the 8th note chords
- Warm up playing hands separately, and started putting hands together for the first 8 bars – work on it at a very slow tempo with the metronome
Sunset in Rio
- Clean up the rhythm “hiccups” at the marked spots, and clean up the running 8th notes
- Polish up the first section with proper articulation and consistent tempo, and work on hands together to the marked spot
Anastasia should practice 4-5 times per week for 15-20 mins per session.
- Do exercise No. 1-7 -> keep your eyes on the music as you play (looking at the direction of the notes, steps, skips, jumps), and count the rhythm.
- Great work in class today! Keep working on it hands together fluently, especially the second page
No Moon Tonight
- Work on this piece R.H. alone until we can play it fluently, feel free to try the L.H. part
- Assigned page with folded corner
Vivienne should practice 4-5 times per week for 15-20 mins per session.
Maple Leaf Rag
- Great improvement on the first page this week! Keep working on it with consistent tempo and rhythm correction in the second line.
- Work on hands together on A and B on the second page, and hands separately until the end
Chantal should practice 4-5 times per week at 15 – 20 mins per session
A Dozen A day
- Review and perfect our old and new exercises from A Dozen A Day.
Grumpy Old Troll
- Great job on learning the notes on your own! Keep practising the piece, and add in some marked dynamic changes
Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer
- Now that we have the L.H. part, try it hands together!
Alyssa should practice 4-5 times per week at 30 mins – 1 hr per session.
- Work on the keys we struggle with (often with most sharps/flats), with correct fingering, and use the metronome
Sonatina in F
- Great work on articulation. Try not to play the end of the slur notes too short, but a gentle tap and lift
- Work around quarter note = 80 with the metronome while maintaining the proper articulation
Minuet in E
- “Dance” on the quarter notes like how we worked on in class – don’t push down the keys, but play into the keys with a gentle lift using your wrist
When Rivers Flowed on Mars
- Work on your fingering and playing the notes as smoothly connected as possible on the top of 2nd page
- Polish up on the dynamic changes and arpeggio phrases
Maria should practice 4-5 times per week at 15-20 mins per session.
- Great work on memorising and playing your R.H. part perfectly! Keep practising hands together, especially on bars where we play hands together, and try to keep everything at a moderate tempo (don’t rush on the part where R.H. plays alone)
Claire should practice 4-5 times per week at 15 – 30 mins per session.
- Polish up the dynamic changes and wrong notes, and increase the tempo with metronome
- Warm up playing hands separately, and start putting hands together up to the top of 2nd page
Anna should practice 4-5 times per week at 20 – 40 mins per session.
- “Sing” with your R.H. first before putting hands together
- Keep L.H. part soft at all time – we don’t want to overpower your R.H. melody
- Correct the trills, and connect the notes within the phrases
- Start working on hands together
- Consistent tempo throughout the piece – play with rubato, but not to rush in the middle