Reminder: No lesson next week – it’s the academy’s make up week, and since you have perfect attendance, there is no need for a makeup. Enjoy the week off and I will see you July 7th!
- Use the metronome and play in eighth notes
- try to increase the tempo up to 100 – 120
- each time you make a mistake decrease the tempo by two
- if you play it perfectly, increase the tempo by one
- Practice playing up and down a fifth slowly, then faster, faster, faster – see if you can go up the scale at the same tempo!
B Minor Melodic
- Work with a metronome with the beat equal to a quarter at between 60 to 80
- Make sure you are blowing fast air and crescendo as you go up to the High B
- Do the articulation exercise (4 quarter notes each scale note) up and down using a metronome
- Do the long tone exercise (4 beats held each note) up and down
Gymnopédie No. 1
- Print it out and put in the places we have talked about breathing
- practice the spots where you hear noise between the notes until it’s smooth
- have a look at your tuner, particularly around B natural and C natural
- Once you have worked on the trouble spots, try playing all the way through without stopping – keep you air going and take regular breaths!