Hi, everyone! Great work this week. I know Sundays can be tiring and that you may have homework you need to do before Monday, but I really appreciate everyone’s effort and commitment in our lessons!
– Reminder: Bring your Suzuki book to your lesson next time
– Recommended practice time: 15-20 min/day, at least 5 days/week
– Practice: A Major scale, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. See if you can practice in front of a mirror so you can check your posture and bow angle. Remember to ask yourself: how is my sound? What do I need to do with my bow/arm to make it sound better? How do I look in the mirror? What do I need to physically change?
Olivia – great first lesson today! Good luck with your scales and arpeggios test!
– Reminder: Bring the orchestra music you want to work on to your lesson next time, and think about whether or not you might want to work on some solo music
– Recommended practice time: 30 min/day, at least 5 days/week
– Practice: G Major, D Major, and C Major 2-octave scales and arpeggios. To work on your intonation, try singing or playing the scale on the piano before playing. Try to remember finger patterns and which fingers will be squeezed together. Also practice just the shifts before playing the entire scale.
Thank you and happy playing!