Eliana should practice 4-5 times per week for 30-45 mins per session.
- Practice with the metronome
- First movement – polish up the trills (don’t slow down in the L.H.)
- Second movement – review
- Third movement – try not to hold on any 8th notes
- Polish up the first page, especially the chords in the R.H.
- Start practicing hands together on the 2nd page.
Anastasia should practice 4-5 times per week for 15-20 mins per session.
Boogie on the Broadway
- Learn the notes – try not to rely on playing and memorizing the notes in class. Try to read the notes, and use your theory book to help you with reading (everything we’ve learned is in there!)
- Make sure we bring this book to every lesson!
Vivienne should practice 4-5 times per week for 15-20 mins per session.
Maple Leaf Rag
- Keep practicing the 2nd page and overall fluency!
Heart and Soul
- Try different variations of accompaniment like what we did in class, and also try putting hands together with simple chords in the L.H.
Chantal should practice 4-5 times per week at 15 – 20 mins per session
A Dozen A day
- Review and perfect our old and new exercises from A Dozen A Day.
- My Pony – learn the notes (with staccato and legato playing)
Way in a Manger
- Try to play the first half hands together (you did great in class!), and continue practicing hands separately until the end
Alyssa should practice 4-5 times per week at 30 mins – 1 hr per session.
- Use the correct fingering, play with accuracy, and clarity on everything with the metronome
Sonatina in F
- Focus mainly on the middle section with accuracy of notes and articulation
Minuet in E
- Check your tempo on the metronome, don’t play too fast!
- Polish up middle section with accuracy of notes
When Rivers Flowed on Mars
- Don’t forget the “rit.”, and crescendo into the top of 2nd page
You and I
- Learn the notes hands separately/together until marked spot
- Work towards the minimum required tempo on both etudes – only move up by 2 at a time on the metronome
- Practice with dynamic changes/phrasing
- Learn the notes for the D+ section hands separately, and maybe try hands together!
Claire should practice 4-5 times per week at 15 – 30 mins per session.
- Start practicing hands together
Sweet and Low
- Learn the notes hands separately until marked spot
Anna should practice 4-5 times per week at 20 – 40 mins per session.
Rivers Flow in You
- Last page – Keep working on fluency, and experiment musically with the last page marked “freely” (phrasing with some rubato)
Over the Rainbow
- Voicing – Always bring out the melody note (top) in all R.H. chords, and keep the rest softer
- Keep practicing hands separately further until marked spot