Vivienne should practice 4-5 times per week for 20-30 mins per session.
- Do not start your practice with section A nor play through the whole piece repeatedly. Practice section B, 2 bars at a time, with correct notes, rhythm, and fluency like how we worked on in class
- C, G, D and F major scale in contrary motion, chromatic scale starting on any key (1 octave)
- A, and D natural/harmonic/melodic minor scales
- A harmonic minor in contrary motion
Ellis should practice 4-5 times per week at 10 – 15 mins per session
- Review and practice the pieces we have learned in class – Review and get familiar with where Bass C D E F G is from middle C
A Dozen a Day
- New weekly assigned exercises
Chantal should practice 4-5 times per week at 20 – 30 mins per session
A Dozen A day
- Weekly assigned exercises
- The Queen’s Royal Entrance – practice with the pedal and dynamic changes
Popular Selection Book
- Practice and review the pieces
Alyssa should practice 4-5 times per week at 45 mins – 1 hr per session.
- Use the correct fingering, play with accuracy, and clarity on everything with the metronome
- Keep your knuckles and fingers up
Sunset in Rio
- Practice this piece at half speed this week to fix the running 8th notes passages
Sonatina in C
- Review and polish up the piece at quarter note = 88 in tempo, and slowly aim to get up to 100 this week
Scherzo in C
- Work on having a consistent detached playing of all 8th notes – 4 to 8 bars at a time
- Fingering corrections we worked on in class
Allegro in D
- Practice and review – clean up the trills, and use the metronome to work up to quarter note = 68
- Do not play the accented chords too harsh – play on and into the keys, not pushing down from above the keys
- Dynamic and phrasing – take a ‘breath’ between phrases
Maria should practice 4-5 times per week for 20-30 mins per session.
- Review playing the piece hands separately, and aim to play the new piece hands together this week!
Simone should practice 4-5 times per week for 15-20 mins per session.
- Scarf Dance
- Boy/Girl on a Bicycle – review what the tonic and dominant notes are
- Weekly assigned pages
David should practice 4-5 times per week for 30 mins – 1 hour per session.
- Use of rubato – look at the written phrasing with long crescendos/decrescendos, direction of the notes, and long 8th note passages
Clair de Lune
- Practice the duplets/triplets passages with the metronome on 60 – 70 to the 8th note duplets