Vivienne should practice 4-5 times per week for 20-30 mins per session.
- Focus and spend more time on practicing this piece, especially section B
- C, G, D and F major scale in contrary motion, chromatic scale starting on any key (1 octave)
- A, and D natural/harmonic/melodic minor scales
- A harmonic minor in contrary motion
Ellis should practice 4-5 times per week at 10 – 15 mins per session
- Great sight reading through the new pieces this week! Review and practice the pieces we have learned in class
A Dozen a Day
- New weekly assigned exercises
- Start practicing the 2nd page – it’s the same pattern as the first page with everything shifted up by 1 note
Chantal should practice 4-5 times per week at 20 – 30 mins per session
A Dozen A day
- Weekly assigned exercises
- This Old Man – in D position with F#
Popular Selection Book
- Music Box Dancer, or try another new piece you like!
Alyssa should practice 4-5 times per week at 45 mins – 1 hr per session.
- Use the correct fingering, play with accuracy, and clarity on everything with the metronome
- Keep your knuckles and fingers up
Sunset in Rio
- Practice and polish up the little mistakes, with dynamic changes, and start working on memory
Sonatina in C
- Practice and review the running scales with the CORRECT fingering
- Play L.H. repeated chordal accompaniment lightly, do not let it overpower the R.H.
- Start working on increasing the overall tempo
Scherzo in C
- Fingering, fingering, fingering! Avoid using random fingers!
- Detach play all eighth notes
Allegro in D
- Practice and review – clean up the trills, and use the metronome to work up to quarter note = 68
- Do not play the accented chords too harsh – play on and into the keys, not pushing down from above the keys
- Dynamic and phrasing – take a ‘breath’ between phrases
Maria should practice 4-5 times per week for 20-30 mins per session.
- Great job on playing the piece hands together on the first try! Keep practicing the piece this week until perfection!
- Keep in mind the RH rhythm (ta- titi)
Simone should practice 4-5 times per week for 15-20 mins per session.
- Party Song
- Boogie on the Broadway
- Weekly assigned pages
David should practice 4-5 times per week for 30 mins – 1 hour per session.
- Articulation – accented notes, march-like, energetic
- Dynamic phrasing
- Play with lots of expressiveness, along with the use of rubato
Clair de Lune
- Keep working on learning the notes
- Feel it in 3/4 time instead of 9/8 time
- Mind the triplets and duplets