It was wonderful working with you all this week! Good work. See you in two weeks.
- Practice all major modes and their 7th arpeggios transposed to C. Practice along to a metronome at a reasonable tempo and work up.
- Continue Galper #26
- Work on Galper #27, #28.
- continue Eb and A major scales along to the metronome at 60bpm. Practice legato tongued (tenuto) on the way up and staccato (detached) on the way down.
- Check out some recordings of the melody on Youtube
- Practice grace note approach from D# to E on its own: practice in front of a mirror, starting with long notes and working shorter.
- Work on the rhythms of the tricky bars with a metronome at 120 bpm. Remember, both start on the upbeat of one; wait for one, and come in right after.
- Check out the Galper Clarinet Method.
- Continue legato tongued Eb major scale, two octaves up and down.
- Continue Sherele
- make sure to play short notes very short, with a tongue stop.
- Isolate triplets at bar 18 and practice along to a metronome at 50 bpm, slowly moving up in tempo.
- Blue Monk
- Practice arpeggiating all chords along to the playalong (one octave) for Blue Monk on iRealB Pro (or a Bb blues playalong on youtube).
- Try playing certain notes an octave up as the first octave becomes easier.