D major 2 octaves
- work to not stop in between notes this week
- work on slurring 2 notes perbow
- try thinking a semi tone higher instead of steping fingers for extension (descending scale)
- 2 notes per bow: still using whole bow.
- make sure the left arm is up and forward, move thumb before extension.
Study book – reading Bass
- make sure the bow stays in the middle lane – not riding up over the fingerboard. Think of a wider opening with the elbow joint in the bow arm.
- relax bow pinky
- Try some of them with a metronome. Tendency to slow down on the eighth notes. Think ahead :)
- Make sure left hand thumb is relaxed – play with a marshmallow
- 140, 142, 155, 163
- Keep plucking from memory
- increase to tempo before adding bow (you’re so close!) bmp = 90 for quarter note
- dots and long notes – dots mean sticatto. lift the bow out of the string, suspend the weight of the arm, create vertical U shapes with the bow. Then sink the arm back into the string for the long note. Make the long note smooth
- stay in the bottom 3rd of the bow for everything except the half notes